Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i do not know what everyone uses to clean there interiors nor have i looked for any type of specific cleaner. I remember someone recommended using magic erasers and soft scrub with bleach to clean out my dads vinyl boat interior. We tried it and it came out amazing. The interior looked brand new and the boat is from the late 80s sitting out in the sun all summer. Today i decided to try a magic eraser on my interior. I left out the soft scrub with bleach because i did not want the bleach smell in my car nor did i want anything close to bleach touching the interior. Anyway i tried just the magic eraser with water and watched hidden dirt come right out of the MB Tex. I am not sure if other people use this but i found it to work great and was very mess free.:eek:

·
Registered
European 1974 350SLC ,'78 300CD& '80 300CD sold , '81 240D SWMBO's Car '84 300CD & Euro
666 Posts
Interior Cleaning

Sounds good ! .

I use Meguiar's # 40 , I buy it in gallon jugs and use a manual spry bottle ~ spray on and brush with a soft bristle brush then wipe clean , the MB Tex or door panels etc. will look ' AS - NEW ' apart from wear marks .

·
Registered
2 W123 300D's and 3 W124 wagons
346 Posts
I tried a Mister Clean Magic Eraser on the MB-Tex of a junkyard seat and it left abrasion marks.

I use Marine Spray Nine on my (palomino) seats. For tough stains, especially tar, Ronsonol lighter fluid (naphtha). Finally, 303 Aerospace protectant. My seats look nearly new. However, I keep them under sheepskins.

One thing you definitely don't want to try on MB-Tex is gasoline or kerosene. These will badly discolor it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh really, i did not notice any abrasion marks. although i did not push hard. i will have to check this out tomorrow. PS. the best place to try is definitely the junk yard.:D:D

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
When I got the car it included a pair of Lexol bottles for cleaning and conditioning leather. Even if my car has MB-Tex, this product works well and I've been using it to clean the upholstery. It's not too harsh, basically gentle enough for leather cleaning.

Then I top it with a quick wipe down of Aerospace 303.

·
Registered
2 W123 300D's and 3 W124 wagons
346 Posts
I have not tried Meguiar's #40, but I did buy a bottle of Lexol before I discovered Marine Spray Nine. Lexol is safe and gentle and it does work OK as a cleaner on MB-Tex, but Marine Spray Nine is equally safe and gentle and is a more effective cleaner than Lexol. Marine Spray Nine has the added advantage that it fights mildew and mold, yet leaves no odor. Boat owners here on Puget Sound love the stuff. Sold at West Marine, a big boating supply chain.

·
Registered
84 300TD, 2004 E320 wagon, 2006 CLS55,
1,051 Posts
Do not use spray 9 on any of the window or other buttons- it'll wipe them blank real quick.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never heard of spray 9 but that is good to know. I like to use rubbing alcohol on q tips to clean up the small plastics and around the buttons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts