Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes Benz 300E, 179K, stock, daily driver
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a 1999 Mercedes S500 which looks A LOT like a Grand Edition, even has the heated seats, the owner hasn't mentioned it once but only things I haven't seen on it is the Monoblocks.

1999 Mercedes Benz S500 Black

·
Registered
1997 S500V, 1999 S500 grand edition, 2006 s65 amg
7,356 Posts
well it needs brake pads according to the picture of the cluster. i would personally look for 98(99 is suppose to be fiber optics from what i heard)

·
Registered
94 s420 250kmiles
827 Posts
well it needs brake pads according to the picture of the cluster. i would personally look for 98(99 is suppose to be fiber optics from what i heard)
my brake pads are brand new and my light is on... you think i need new pads?
fiber is not hard to repair if you know how to work with it, have you have replacement connectors.

are grand edition s500 the only s500 with heated seats?

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
my brake pads are brand new and my light is on... you think i need new pads?
fiber is not hard to repair if you know how to work with it, have you have replacement connectors.

are grand edition s500 the only s500 with heated seats?
nope my 97 s500 has front and rear heated seats. the grand edition is the only one with illuminated door sills. and in the US the only w140 with birds eye wood. also the steering emblem

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes Benz CL500
456 Posts
As others have said, it is a Grand Edition. You can tell because it has the coupe style front seats (they're identical to mine), black burl wood trim, and the door sills on the inside say Grand Edition, plus it has different paint. I wouldn't buy it, but that's just me, I prefer the coupes.

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
i would have gotten a grand edition but not a fan of the interior color i personally prefer black on black. the only thing i liked was the wood color and the fun features like illuminated sills. but my w140 has the features like seat heaters front and rear, amg wheels and v8 g500 shift knob ;) next on my list is door sills, and maybe beginning of next year a new 600 style leather interior(black real leather w/amg perforated) and black alcantara headliner. also i am getting someone to restore another set of wood panels i bought off ebay(black birdseye) not to mention my germany goodies ;)

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes Benz CL500
456 Posts
That's not a "possible" Grand Edition, it is a Grand Edition. If you look at the interior, it has the coupe style front seats and if the pictures were better, you'd see the dark wood better. Depending on what kind of offers he's entertaining, that car looks pretty good. The only thing suspect is the wheels are not the original Grand Edition AMG's, they look like they are off a newer SL.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's not a "possible" Grand Edition, it is a Grand Edition. If you look at the interior, it has the coupe style front seats and if the pictures were better, you'd see the dark wood better. Depending on what kind of offers he's entertaining, that car looks pretty good. The only thing suspect is the wheels are not the original Grand Edition AMG's, they look like they are off a newer SL.
I said possible because I don't know how to spot them off hand but yeah it is a grand edition.

·
Registered
1999 s500 Mercedes Benz
4 Posts
you seem to know a lot about grand editions,I have a 99s500 that supposed to be a GE but how do I tell for sure.thinking the dealer got over but it is in pristine cond. my vin doesn't tell me anything starts with wdbga51g etc. Could you help me in finding where and how to know for sure? I'm new here and would appreciate your input. Thanks Mickeyrai.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This PDF should help you out, Welcome to BenzWorld. Make sure your 'Grand edition' has all of these amenities. We'd like to see pics!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts