Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 C350 4-matic (No Modifications)
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the way to work this morning and someone turned left in front of me while I was travelling through the intersection going straight.

The roads were wet, but the car still allowed me to manouver to avoid hitting the guy. The only problem is, I had to hop a 3 to 4 inch curb at probably 10 to 15 MPH.

I hit with the wheels dead straight because I knew what would happen if I didn't.

I drove the car to work after I backed off of a convienient store's front lawn :p

Anyhow, the alignment feels fine and there is no noticable squeeks or noises. I just hope the front suspension just did not lose 10K miles worth of life in the time it took to hit that curb :(

I have two cars also...I should have taken the toyota today. Yeh, I would have hit him, but it is worth not killing the benz.

Ace.

p.s.

I plan to take the car to get looked at, but I am just trolling for some peace of mind. IF you have any to offer that is.

I'm still shaking from it. Accidents, even near hits...suck

·
Registered
2002 C320; 17" AMG 5-split-spoke wheels with Michelin PS2 tires
111 Posts
I busted my ball joints on a 2" lip on a bad spot near Pittsburgh. If you hear strange noises going over bumps, that was the indication I got.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I just got back from driving the car.

There is no noticable change in ride comfort. I think I had slowed down enough to where the tires took most of the impact. There is not any scuff marks on the rims from where the tires impacted on the curb. I do however, plan to take it to get looked at to check my alignment and to make sure nothing is bent.

·
Registered
2003 C240 / 2004 GMC Yukon
7 Posts
Sounds like the tires took most of the impact, but yea it wouldn't hurt to get things looked at. Are you riding on the stock tires? What about the guy who cut you off, I'd be pissed!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock tires...

The guy pulled over and came to apologize and gave me his number just in case, but I suspect I will just need a slight alignment.

·
Registered
1990 420SEL, 1979 450SEL, 1973 450SE, 2003 C320S, 2005 C230WZ, 2005 E320W Avantgarde
95 Posts
These cars are very robust. I hope your car is ok. I think you may luck out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts