Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mercedes
9,043 Posts
My guess its not the actual picture.

Car pictured is RHD and for a market requiring side indicators. If it is RHD, I don't know if I would say its desirable here in the US.

·
Registered
90 420SEL 240,000 miles strong
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. Picture looks like it was cropped off the internet too

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
if it is the original car, it is a gen II or at least has a Gen II bumper on the front.

·
Mercedes
9,043 Posts
if it is the original car, it is a gen II or at least has a Gen II bumper on the front.
If its the original car picture, it WOULD be a Gen II Euro as there are no US-spec RHD cars.

·
Registered
1985 300SD 1988 560SEC 822 1976 450SEL 1981 300SD
1,075 Posts
Well, there's an genuine Gen 2 SEC in my shed, Code 822 etc that I'm itching to stick an OM617A into but nobody here seems to give a sh*t. about...:) I did find a tidy Gen1 Euro in my town that is what I was looking for two year ago...only has logs, velour interior, sad interior wood...now I've been given (free!) a Gen2 380 SE that has all the makings of a bitchen' 560 SE project....although there's an OM603 in my local JY that would make a killer diesel...it never stops with these things..

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
DRGRILLZs,
No SH&T?? I never knew that we didn't get RHD Here....GEEEZ!

OP was asking if it was a Euro Gen II....

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
In this day and age there is no excuse for not putting pics in an ad. Don't bother, guaranteed disappointment.
Agreed. Especially for a big ticket item like a car!
It makes you wonder what he's really hiding?

·
Mercedes
9,043 Posts
DRGRILLZs,
No SH&T?? I never knew that we didn't get RHD Here....GEEEZ!

OP was asking if it was a Euro Gen II....
OP asked if its a Gen II Euro. You replied saying that if the picture is real, then its a Gen II Euro" *OR* atleast has Gen II Euro bumpers." The last part to your statement made it sound that the Gen II Euro bumpers could've been put on later... which would not make sense if its a RHD like its pictured.

·
Mercedes
9,043 Posts
In this day and age there is no excuse for not putting pics in an ad. Don't bother, guaranteed disappointment.
Besides not puting pictures of the actual car thats for sale, there is no excuse for people to not give a little more BASIC info on the car. Not referring to this particular car's CL post but I've seen listings where there's no mention on price, mileage, interior color, condition, etc.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
I thought about this and figured that generally speaking when people don't list anything about the car they typically have a piece of crap.

Why else wouldn't you talk it up? If one is very proud of their car, they would go on and on about it. It's most likely a $1,500 car that they hope some uneducated buyer will buy for twice the amount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts