Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I had posted in an earlier thread, I was sent the wrong pads for my slk230 at first and then they shipped the right ones. Neither Jerry nor Porterfield have shown the least bit of interest in getting the incorrect ones back. If I don't hear from them this week, I would like to sell them for SLK 320 or CLK users that can use this pad. This is a pair of front pads (4 pads - two on each side). Porterfield R4S Part number AP 740. Porterfield lists the applications as CLK 320, 430 Coupe and Cabrio and SLK 320. Please verify with Porterfield. I make no guarantees as to the application.

They are unused except that I had smeared a bit of the high temp lube paste on the caliper contact side of the right outer pads before I discovered they were the wrong part (this you would need to do anyway). There is still plenty of the high temp lube and the silencer spray left from the package that I can include. The rotor detergent is used up but that didn't seem to do much. They have the holes for the wear sensors on the inside pads.

The first offer of $50+postage gets it. They sell for $99+postage. If you are interested I can also include the required T40 torx bit, the 7mm hex bit and the piston compressor (cost me a total of $18) for an additional $10 so you have everything you need. Used once for replacing my pads.

Send me private message.

I have had it for a few weeks now and the front wheels have never looked so good with very little brake dust (except for the few hours after painful washing on the OEMs). The braking performance is superb allowing much more progressive modulation than the OEMs which now seem too grabby in comparison.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not for the SLK32

lilMAC - 5/8/2005 12:33 PM

Are they the same pads that go on the SLK 32 AMG? If so... i'll take 'em
Only the SLK 320 and the CLK. SLK32 pads are bigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts