Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This question might have been answered in the past but I am not able to find relevant threads so I need your help, pls.

My SLK55 will arrive at the port (dunno which one...) on 3/23. My question is how long would it take for the car to arrive at my dealer in Chicago via custom and VPC? My sales person was not able to tell me....

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy St P's day!

·
Registered
SLK350-1/05 Build
6 Posts
Mine arrived in port (Baltimore) on a Wednesday afternoon, showed up at the VPC Friday (this is the point the dealer can start to track the car for you) and was at the dealer by the following Friday. I was in the car and loving it that day.

The big wildcard is the VPC. Depending on what needs to be done to your car it could be there for a very long time on only a day or two. The dealer has access via the Net Star system to see what is being done to your car. My salesman pulled mine up on his computer screen to show me the information and then pulled up several other cars also headed for Chicago that had been processed the in the previous months. The bottom line is once the car was released to the shipper it only took 4 to 5 days to get to the dealer, Barrington for me.

Hope this helps make the time pass quicker.

Enjoy your new wheels!

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
trhoads98 - 3/18/2005 7:10 AM

Mine arrived in port (Baltimore) on a Wednesday afternoon, showed up at the VPC Friday (this is the point the dealer can start to track the car for you) and was at the dealer by the following Friday. I was in the car and loving it that day.

The big wildcard is the VPC. Depending on what needs to be done to your car it could be there for a very long time on only a day or two. The dealer has access via the Net Star system to see what is being done to your car. My salesman pulled mine up on his computer screen to show me the information and then pulled up several other cars also headed for Chicago that had been processed the in the previous months. The bottom line is once the car was released to the shipper it only took 4 to 5 days to get to the dealer, Barrington for me.

Hope this helps make the time pass quicker.

Enjoy your new wheels!
Any idea what work would generally need to be done at the VPC that might delay the car? Even if the VPC were installing a Sirrius system, I'm told that only takes about an hour.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
My car arrived in port (LA) on a Monday and the dealer called me on Thursday night about 8 PM that they were just unloading it from the truck and I could pick it up on Saturday after they prepped it. I did not order Sirius radio so probably did not need much work done at VPC.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your info! I am looking forward to my new car. I will post some photos right away.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts