Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
earlier today i popped my tire backing out of a driveway. i stopped them creeped back and this little concrete blocks at the edes of the driveway punch a hole in the iner way of my tire and it dropped to the gorund hard. i was going about 1.5-2 mph. so i swapped the spare and pumpped it up and i noticed that when i drive my wheel is about 70 degrees off striaght and the car wil go straight if i turn the wheel straight it veers to the left. i notice the fornt right where i popped my tire is leaning when looking at it form the front its like \.

so did my tire popping do this or what could be the problem. cuz its pretty bad when i hot slight dips in the road the tire feels like it pulls under the car and swerves a bit. then if you turn the wheel slightly left the right squels like crazy and viceversea

any help is greatly apprecaited becuase i need get one of my cars running

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
jeez, i don't know what to say but to bring it to a certified tech and take a look at your whole suspension and steering system maybe driving around made the situation worse. take care of it quickly.

·
1991 500SEC sub 50K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 150K mi. 2018
4,292 Posts
Hi pulsepb,

Sorry to hear about that situation.

From what you describe: the angle of the rt/frt. wheel, squealing tire, steering wheel not straight, swerving one way or the other... I think you really should consider having the car towed to the shop right away. Obviously, whatever is bent underneath is causing an unsafe & (in my mind) dangerous condition.

When you say "backing out of a driveway. i stopped them creeped back and this little concrete blocks at the edes of the driveway punch a hole in the iner way of my tire and it dropped to the gorund hard." it sounds like the inner sidewall of the tire was punctured, causing the car to fall onto one of those blocks(?) and bend one of the rt/frt. steering or suspension components.

Good luck man, MBL

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
I have to agree with the other 2 posters, have it towed to a shop. Now as to what you POSSABILY did, you could've bent your strut and lower control bar/ torsion bar to the front of the car, causeing your alignment to become WAY OFF. Best to have a FLATBED tow truck take you to a shop.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Before you have it towed, I would check that you installed the tire correctly and flat on the hub. Sometimes you might be in a hurry and just think that when it's tight enough, that's it. Double check, and if it's flat on the hub and it still is at an angle, then have it towed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts