Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,<br> I am a new owner of my 1998 SLK230. I have noticed that the radio reception on this factory radio is absulutely horrible. Is this something common with this yr/model of car?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ask the dealer to make sure the antenna amplifier and related hardware is conencted

Other than that, I cant help much.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a brand new 2001 C240 that has the same problem. I took it to the dealer 2 weeks after<br> taking delivery of the vehicle, and I when I got the car back, it was about the same. The lead technician all but admitted there is little or nothing they can do for this problem. I believe it has to do with location/placement of antenna.<br> The AM radio seems to be worse, esp. when traveling more than 30/40 miles from signal source.<br> //Mike B.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a follow-up to my previous posting. Upon<br> further investigation, it seems the only REAL solution is to have a mechanical 'periscope'<br> antenna installed in one of the rear quarter panels, which probably should have been done in the first place. What the f--- were they thinking!! I found a local body shop that will cut the hole (carefully, I hope), and install the unit for about 500 bucks, including parts. Oh, and BTW, guess who has to pay for it?<br> //MIke B.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts