Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 S63 AMG
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering a CLS 55 or 63...most likely a 63 because of residual warranty and being able to take care of any squawks prior to warranty running out.
Today I asked the guy who works on my 2000 E320 and 2009 E350 and he had not too many good things to say about the CLS or AMG versions of the CLS . Every repair is expensive and he dreads the phone calls to owners... he said.
He's pretty anal about his work, does great work on Mercedes only but sometimes is overly critical. He drives a 20 y/o Benz with 250k miles.
I know the AMG isn't a basic E320 so I have some expectation that maintenance will be more.
Just so I can balance things, are you guys of the opinion that for someone who keeps a car for about 5 or 6 years and gets one with low mileage and takes care of the car(timely PM's, oil changes early, change fluids in half the usual time etc) that the issues with the added complexity are no more than any other car of this type?
Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
12 Posts
All I can say after owning my car for a year. Second owner CPO 2007 cls63 AMG with 030..For the first Year I really like this car..I still do. BUT and a very big but. I do not like the dealership I have to take it to. The car came with a warranty extended till 2013. The first and the only time I took it in for a regular 10k (1 year on Dec 16) routine serve. I have had nothing but problems with it. It is still in the shop now. Something they did had oil everywhere and caught the exhaust manifold on fire. It ran great until they worked on it.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A WARRANTY!!!!

·
Registered
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
463 Posts
I do not like the dealership I have to take it to. The car came with a warranty extended 2013. The first and the only time I took it in for a regular 10k (1 year on Dec 16) routine serve. I have had nothing but problems with it. It is still in the shop now. Something they did had oil everywhere and caught the exhaust manifold on fire. It ran great until they worked on it.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A WARRANTY!!!![/QUOTE]

Take the car to a different dealer, warranty work will honor by any MB dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts