Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML55 AMG
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is is a new one on me...my '01 ML55 AMG is locking and unlocking the doors by itself!...even if I manually lock the doors, they will unlock after a few minutes...all last night the car would "click click", the dome light would come on and go out and it does this repeatedly now...in addition to this my fog lights will not come on now....related???

Help anyone have any ideas how to disable this system until I can get it checked out next week?

Merry Christmas all!

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,233 Posts
With all door buttons up, attempt to lock all door with the key remote, and watch what door lock button does not go down. Whichever door it is, the door lock in that door has to be replaced. Very common issue.

Deactivate the Automatic Central Locking system as per the instructions.

Then remove K20 relay in underhood fuse box.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 ML55 AMG
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks for the tips, it appears that all locks are functional as they will all go up and down with the remote BUT there is a noticeable delay from when I push the remote to when the locks activate/deactivate. The noticeable click seems to be coming from the rear driver's side door however...

I turned off the central locking and removed the relay as suggested, I'll see if that does the trick, thanks again for the quick response and tips
Evan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts