Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

i have noticed that NO ONE does polls on here. so, i will start, hopefully many will follow. What

• GRANNY SLOW, i putt putt along, like a grandparent on the way to church.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I sometimes run fast, when im mad, but i usually take it slow.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Im pretty fast, but i obey most speed limits, and keep the tires like new.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • I Hit It!! Regular excurisions to 160k's/100mph, Drifting ROCKS!!

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed that NO ONE does polls on here. so, i will start, hopefully many will follow.

What driving style do u use while driving ur Benz?

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
I hit it. [:D] A few days ago I raced a Hyundai. I was trying to get in the right lane, he wouldent let me in so I floored it, he floored it and I just pulled away from him. Im going to buy a K&N Air Filter for it. Give it a few more horses.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DONT BUY A K AND N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an AMSOIL 2 Stage filter removes more dirt, and lets more air through, and costs half as much. also has a lifetime warranty. but they dont make them for most benz's so......

go to Moguland.com and click products, then benz pefformance diesel, and go to his ebay store link, and buy his PERFORMANCE INTAKE KIT!!!!!!!!!!

it rocks.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
I like that. But it looks like alot of work to install. Is there any eaiser ways to get some more horse out of my car?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u open ur air cleaner like ur changing the filter. remove the filter. u see 3 10 mil bolts on the bottom. remove them. on the front of the turbo there's a "hose clamp" typed clamp. loosen it. pull the air cleaner off its 3 bolts, then pull forwards. its removed. hook up the kits velocity stack to the turbo. tighten up the clamp. mount the air filter on the stack. tighten clamp. plug the new breather onto the breather tube going downwards to the oil pan. connect the 2 hoses, tightening them. ur done, just added 20 hp, and alot of pickup power.

or u could just use ALL amsoil fluids.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
31 views, and NO ONE VOTES????? ITS UP THERE!!!!! ON THE TOP!!!! SELECT ONE, AND CLICK VOTE. ITS SOOOOO SIMPLE!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
1985 300CD - 4/3/2005 7:20 PM

I hit it. [:D] A few days ago I raced a Hyundai. I was trying to get in the right lane, he wouldent let me in so I floored it, he floored it and I just pulled away from him. Im going to buy a K&N Air Filter for it. Give it a few more horses.
That'll teach him not to mess with an old diesel Benz!!! [:p]

Speaking of racing Hyundais...

There was this lady who just annoyed me. We were going along and there was a slower car in front of her, so she accelerated and cut me off. That irked me, so I switched lanes. Then the light turned red so we both stopped at the intersection, front lines.

Light turns green and I floor it. There was an OCTA bus in front of me so I accelerated and cut her off.

She got pissed and switched lanes, but before she was able to I floored it again. Guess what came out of my exhaust? BLACK smoke [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
im the only one thus far that has picked granny driving.

theres no reason to rush whenever youre in such a fabulous machine as a w123 chassis Mercedes-Benz!

i say this because i dont have a turbo, of course hahaha and i could not rush even if i wanted to heh heh

and howcome i cant make black smoke come out even when i want to!?!?! how weird is this, im actually asking HOW to make my diesel smoke heh heh[:p]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
ineon,

plug the egr valve and don't drive your car for days [:D]

actually mine only does emit black smoke when it's at night (you will see it at night) but during the day, no visible smoke (unless you look real close) heh[:D]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wanna make black smoke? u could put used motor oil in ur fuel tank like some of our "less concerned about perfection" members always talk about doing......

still though, 53 views, and only like 8 total votes? whats wrong with everyone? cant be that hard to click a mouse twice can it?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Amsoil,

It might also be the same users like you and me who keep viewing this thread that add up to the total views. Be patient. It's Monday tomorrow too, people might sleep early [:D]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i suppose i shoul just wait and not look for like a week, and then see what the percentages say. but still, did we all really like this post so much that we each viewed it 8-10 times already? without even getting update notifications? whatever, im off to bed, we'll see the results in the am.

·
Registered
1983 240D auto..soon to run a generator in the country.1984 300D turbo 4 spd
149 Posts
I obey speed limits in the city. In the country my ol' 240D hits the bottom of the hills at 75 and on the highest mountains crosses the top at 58. Non-turbo 4 cyl. Top speed so far is 91 on a long flat. I think the auto gearing holds the revs too high. Anybody know the rear-end ratios for '83 240D and say an '83 300 turbo?
I'd change the rear for 1 or 2 extra teeth.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
at least we "hit-it ers still hold our own. we ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
Ya, i used to drive fast when i first got my licence, but now im 19 and i learned alot about engines and diesel engines and stuff so i know whats going on inside the engine when its at 4 grand. So i take it easy driving slow around town and people get mad and pass me all the time but eh, at least im not trashing my engine and brakes. I mean come on the red light is a few hundred yards ahead!

M A R S H

·
Registered
450, 350 & 280 SLC (W107), 280TE (W123), C36 AMG (W202), Brabus B6S (W210)
107 Posts
280 TE is quite speedy wagon, so I like to enjoy it fast. I've noticed, that at 130 km/h it consumes much less fuel than at 110 km/h (the worst speed to drive), bet thats above usual speed limits on hiways in Latvia -- 90 km/h... 130 km/h (~87 mph) is the best speed for comfort ride with 280 TE!

·
Registered
Actually: S202/R129/C126/ 2W124/S124/ C124/A124/C123/ 2W201/W115/W108
173 Posts
Everyday that I take my 280 CE it surprise me!! It's as fast as my 190.... the other day i've put it at 210 km/h without any problem. It¡s incredible!! I've looket the tach and said for my self: 21 YEARS OLD!! DAMND BENZ PEOPLE!! THEY KNOW WHAT IS A GOOD CAR!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts