Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My car through a check a month ago and it was not the usual 410 but 416. Would this work to my advantage as being more specific? (Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Open). Should I do all the usual 410 diagnoses? Thanks for the help!

It's also worth noting that within the last week my car has also been intermittently at stop lights doing the "flashing fuel light" problem. Could the two be related at all?

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Valve

could be stuck and blew the fuse.Start there,then check power to the pump and the valve.There is the issue with water getting in there and rusting it closed.
Do you have smog tests where you are?It won't affect operation.
ohlord:bowdown:
and if stuck open it could be the cause of the major leak fuel flasher.

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
Inspect the plastic lines going to the switch over valve..I Have seen several crack and throw codes

Flashing fuel light can be the gas cap seal

or

If the low fuel light (RESERVE) light is flashing then the fuel tank senders are going

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...

As far as the flashing fuel light, I refilled my tank and made sure the cap was closed tightly, and so far no more light...we'll see if Murphy can lay off this one.

Mark: Would those vacuum hoses have specific part numbers if I went to the stealer?

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Is the

cel still on?Clear it and see if it comes back.Flip the gasket over on the fuel cap,it just pries out.
ohlord:bowdown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts