Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
5,758 Posts
They filled it with premium petrol. The lead mechanic's been working on MBs for 40 years. Couldn't have asked for better care. Just wish it had happened in town so I could've done it myself...and bugged Mr Boca (and others here) more, and saved a bundle on labor.
The car accepts 91 gas, should I use only 93?
And they recommended 5W-40 synth oil. I assume that is best now?
:)

And parts too :)

$150 for a crankshaft position sensor ???

You could have saved a bundle if you had bought the parts yourself (and I am not really convinced your car needed them all, but if you are keeping the car for a while, it is OK to spend it, on preventive maintenance).

Hope all works out OK after you spend so much money, and you have a trouble-free car for a long while :).

It is definitely unfortunate to have a disabled car, away from home.

·
Registered
1999 E320 base
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
The car runs like new, almost jumps out of stops.

Could not buy parts myself - car was 3 hours away, too far from home. They are a 2-man mobile op with one office manager. She said " I have worked with my part techs for over 30 years...not feasible for me to search online for the amount of parts I order daily. I only do this when I can't find a part from my regular suppliers. Your injectors were bought online because they were out of stock with my vendors.
Many factors go into why I "shop" the way I do...I love my part guys,they go beyond the call of duty in helping me, free shipping, fast turnaround time - up to 6 deliveries a day, no hassle in warranty parts, no shipping cost on returning cores, the list goes on..."

So there you have it.

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes E320 Wagon, 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, GMC HD2500 Pickup
56 Posts
Mine broke off. Pried it out with a screwdriver. Reused the old part. Off to get my smog check done.

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes E320 Wagon, 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, GMC HD2500 Pickup
56 Posts
A lot of this discussion was about breaking off the piece of the check valve that is inserted into the block while removing the check valve. I did it too. But it took me about two minutes to pry out the piece in the block with a screwdriver and vacuum out any bits. Rather than buy a new check valve as mine worked properly using a vacuum test, I just bolted it back on with the original gasket and it seem to work just fine. simple problem simple solution.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts