Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BERLIN (Reuters) - Disgruntled investors blasted DaimlerChrysler Chief Executive Juergen Schrempp and top managers on Wednesday for what they called poor performance and shoddy leadership at the world's fifth-biggest carmaker.

At a marathon annual meeting, shareholders lined up to complain about a series of problems capped last week by the automaker's biggest-ever car recall and news of hefty charges to restructure its loss-making Smart minicar brand.

"Shareholders' patience is exhausted," said Klaus Kaldemorgen from German fund manager DWS, scoffing at Schrempp's self-proclaimed ability to master difficult situations.

"Do you have to shoot yourself in the foot first to provide first aid?" he asked, complaining that the company had thoughtlessly put its flagship Mercedes brand at risk by letting quality lag badly.

"Playing down results seems to have become part of the corporate culture," he said to applause.

"The problems at Mercedes and Smart suggest serious management mistakes," said Thomas Maier at Union Investment, Germany's third-biggest asset manager and administrator of DaimlerChrysler shares worth 500 million euros ($644 million).

He also pointed out that DaimlerChrysler shares had lagged the performance of German blue chips and carmaking rivals over the past five years, something for which top management had to take responsibility

Smokie

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG
505 Posts
[8D]
The guy deserves the criticism. He won't last another 6 months.

I've heard from my friends who own late-models M-Bs that they're seeing little chickenshit quality problems. Problems you would be more likely to find on a Chevy, including security system lockouts when the battery goes flat because some electrical fault runs it down.

Happy Trails,
Dave

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I can't tell you how many late model MB's Ive seen with tail light bulbs out. On my W124 I can't remember the last time I changed a bulb back there, it must be like 4 years ago.

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Well, believe it or not, a 2004 S500 I've driven of late had only about 20,000 kms on it (it's a fleet car with Juffali, the Mercedes dealer here in KSA,) and the darn thing rattled! My 18-year-old 124 doesn't have any. Not a single one! I've even seen some S cars with a few of their rear brake LEDs burned out! The "primitive" light bulbs at the back of my car still work like a charm.

Shady

1 - 4 of 4 Posts