Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 E 320 wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 E320 Wagon. A few weeks ago I started having starting problems. The car will always start but sometimes it requires up to 10 seconds of cranking. I now have CEL's PO173.PO304,PO305,PO306 and a rough idle. So far I haven't found any vacuum leaks and have cleaned the MAF with CRC Maf spray. I'm not sure what to look for. The plugs were changed 4,000 miles +, air cleaner is good. Is the the MAF, cat converters, Sensors or? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Step one: please click user cp and complete your profile for vehicle and location. It's useful information.

You don't mention mileage or other maintenance/repairs that have been performed, diagnosis on the net is hard already, so more detail is better than less.

All of your codes are coming from the driver's side, so it's not anything that affects both banks (like the MAF or air filter). It could be caused by a O2 sensor that is nearly out of range, but it's also possible you have a clogged cat, moreso if some time ago you heard a rattle that eventually went away, and/or your mileage has been off before the other symptoms showed up. Re: vacuum, be sure to check the vacuum line/connections to the brake booster as well as the brake booster, I think that line ties in on the right manifold.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts