Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz W140 (300SE) 3.2L 1991 Petrol. Import from Japan with Lorinser Mod.
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a remote alarm and control system, everything is fine, but when I checked the remote manual I found out that there are two types of connections, one to power center lock and pneumatic center lock. I can understand how to explain to my electrician the details of connecting, but the problem is that is it "realy important" to connect that part to the center lock, or it can be connected directly to the lock-unlock switch on the driver's door?

Another question is: Is it ok to connect that alarm system to the ignition switch? I mean is it harmful to the Benz?

I need any idea you got, it may help me very much, ... you may never know~! :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz W140 (300SE) 3.2L 1991 Petrol. Import from Japan with Lorinser Mod.
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hay guys where are you?>

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello...!

·
Registered
1992 600SEL
150 Posts
I am sure it can be done. BUT you need to be very careful about cutting your car's wires. You need to disable your factory alarm or your new remote will let you open a door but set off the factory alarm siren. If you use your new alarm/remote as a starter interrupt device you will have to cut some wires in your car and I would strongly advise against.
If you can disable your factory alarm I think the door switch is probably the least damaging way to have a keyless entry. I haven't studied the wiring diagrams but you may be able to tap into the door switch as it enters the central locking unit (wherever that is,I think it's in the trunk on the right side behind the side trim above the battery).

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks dave for the enlightenment but really I need more info about that issue!

If you use your new alarm/remote as a starter interrupt device you will have to cut some wires in your car and I would strongly advise against.
Can you please elaborate on this point more?

·
Registered
1992 600SEL
150 Posts
Thanks dave for the enlightenment but really I need more info about that issue!

Can you please elaborate on this point more?
Aftermarket alarms and other components may not be as durable as your original equipment wiring. Many no-start conditions can be traced back to nonfunctional aftermarket alarms.
When you cut your wires it may not be so easy to restore them to original function.
On the other hand you make your own decision and if a problem arises, you can address it then.
Good luck,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts