Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430 1990 300CE
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting new plug wires and cap and rotor into my 88 300E. Is there anything to be careful of, or is it just a straightforward r&r?

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Make certain you buy the oem bosch wire set. If you dont, some too long and wont recess nicely under plastic cover. Are your plug wires cracked/damaged?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I have to disagree..the Bosch wires are the worst out there and in my experience.
The bosch wires I have ordered have come w/ big variances in their resistance from wire to wire..I had one wire come bad out of the box. Lastly they are no longer made in Germany but in Spain.

Beru's from I have found are the best on the market..they do cost a bit more but the build quality is 2nd to none, and they are made in Germany.

Jonathan

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
jhodg5ck - 5/10/2005 5:48 PM

I have to disagree..the Bosch wires are the worst out there and in my experience.
The bosch wires I have ordered have come w/ big variances in their resistance from wire to wire..I had one wire come bad out of the box. Lastly they are no longer made in Germany but in Spain.

Beru's from I have found are the best on the market..they do cost a bit more but the build quality is 2nd to none, and they are made in Germany.

I hear you Johnathon. Lots of quality items are now made in other countries. My reference to bosch wires are because thats what came with the car so thats what i used. If i dealt with car prouducts for a living, a bad wire once in a while should only be considered an isolated incident imo. Mine came in good working order. Ill have to check out this beru you speak of.

Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts