Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
1998 e320
Discussion Starter #1
couldnt find a forum post that goes in depth about what we can upgrade with. i already know we can use e55 brakes , they bolt right up but theres gotta be a bunch of other things we can swap thats better no? any insight helpful. just trying to understand my car as best as possible.

W163 and General M Gremlin
couldnt find a forum post that goes in depth about what we can upgrade with. i already know we can use e55 brakes , they bolt right up but theres gotta be a bunch of other things we can swap thats better no? any insight helpful. just trying to understand my car as best as possible.
Welcome to BW nick,

===>>> Please update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

Registered
2002 E55 AMG Sedan
Hard to say. I know the side skirts and be swapped and maybe the front bumper (if fog light connectors are the same). Rear bumper can be swapped but won't look good because of the exhaust cutout. Springs and shocks can be swapped. Not sure about sway bar bushings though. I know rear brakes can be used but are you sure front brakes can be used? I thought the larger rotor and caliper wouldn't clear the standard wheels. You can also do the seats, door panels, and steering wheel.

I don't think there's anything else that you can swap without doing extensive electrical and mechanical work.

Registered
1998 E320 wagon
Front bumper can鈥檛 be swapped between 96-99 and 00-02. Hood, fenders, bumper and headlights are different.

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 198K miles

Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
W211 E500 w/ sport package or W211 E550 front and rear brake calipers are direct drop in. You just need to use their bracket and rotor.
Same with W203 C320 sport, C32 AMG, C55 AMG. Same with CLK500/550, and SLK32 AMG.

I'm not 100% sure on the R171 SLK55 AMG, but they should also be direct drop in. Expensive though, the SLK55 uses two piece rotors and they're just as expensive as the original W210 E55 rotors.

Minimum 18" rim required though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts