Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my factory dash speakers, but I do not want to alter wiring in a 25 year old car. Can anybody recommend dash speakers with mounting clips and wiring that will hook right up without alteration?

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
828 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my factory dash speakers, but I do not want to alter wiring in a 25 year old car. Can anybody recommend dash speakers with mounting clips and wiring that will hook right up without alteration?
Esx Quantum Qe-120s best plug and play drop in speaker for a reasonable price. There on ebay made in Germany. There are other options but I went with these. Get the for speaker kit the has the 5-1/4 adapter for the rear and comes with all the speaker plugs. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Esx Quantum Qe-120s best plug and play drop in speaker for a reasonable price. There on ebay made in Germany. There are other options but I went with these. Get the for speaker kit the has the 5-1/4 adapter for the rear and comes with all the speaker plugs. Good luck!

Great - do they have the spring mounting clips like the factory speakers, or do I need an adapter?

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
828 Posts
Great - do they have the spring mounting clips like the factory speakers, or do I need an adapter?
Yes they have spring mounting clips. They have amazing power rating so if you decide to add and amp on later they can handle it. Completely changes the sound dynamics of the car.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,495 Posts
Rainbow speakers for the win if you can find them. Last I heard they are no longer being made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My
Yes they have spring mounting clips. They have amazing power rating so if you decide to add and amp on later they can handle it. Completely changes the sound dynamics of the car.

My factory speakers have a single plug, half green and half black. So green is positive, and black is negative when I split them?

I tried Amazon, but the speaker kits for the W124 are out of stock.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
828 Posts
I’m swapping my door speakers and the black/green is negative and all black is positive

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I lucked out and found a pair of Esx Quantum Qe-120s on E-Bay. They dropped right in. I used the wiring and plugs from the factory speakers and soldered them on to the new ones. It's like being in a new car - I hear instruments that I didn't know were part of the music before. The factory paper cone speakers were shot from the sun. The rear speakers must be the same way, but those can wait. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1992 300E 2.6
157 Posts
Just to add: If you’re still rocking the original amplifiers and headunit, send them out to get rebuilt-it’s a night/day difference in SQ.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
828 Posts
I lucked out and found a pair of Esx Quantum Qe-120s on E-Bay. They dropped right in. I used the wiring and plugs from the factory speakers and soldered them on to the new ones. It's like being in a new car - I hear instruments that I didn't know were part of the music before. The factory paper cone speakers were shot from the sun. The rear speakers must be the same way, but those can wait. Thanks for the tip.
Yeah np, glad I could help. If you want more from your system definitely add an amp. Also tuning the high pass filters does a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts