Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. Here is a photo of what looks like my rear brakes. Do I have to remove the nut in the middle to remove the rotor or are they perhaps 'frozen'. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 2000 CLK 430

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Good day. Here is a photo of what looks like my rear brakes. Do I have to remove the nut in the middle to remove the rotor or are they perhaps 'frozen'. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 2000 CLK 430
I just did my brakes last weekend and NO, you do not have to remove the center nut to get the rear rotors off. It's most likely frozen. I had to put a hammer to mine. On thing to make sure of is to dissengage your emergency brake. There are little brake shoes inside the rotor. Even with the emergency brakes dissengaged, they still tried to hold onto the rotor, but it'll come.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did my brakes last weekend and NO, you do not have to remove the center nut to get the rear rotors off. It's most likely frozen. I had to put a hammer to mine. On thing to make sure of is to dissengage your emergency brake. There are little brake shoes inside the rotor. Even with the emergency brakes dissengaged, they still tried to hold onto the rotor, but it'll come.
Thanks so much or your response! I will tackle it again on the weekend! Thanks, again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's somebody else's car. I just used the photo for reference. I noticed the nut is still on with the rotor off...Hmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts