Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
and yet there is another continuation of new garage pics.
Exactly how long does it take you to get a garage built?

I was told this week that I can have a four car w/everything done in 4 weeks. And I have known the guy for 30 years so he knows I can be annoying.

But it is looking good.

·
Premium Member
43,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the foundation is seven ft. above the ground in the rear and there is storage underneath. The walls are adobe brick, which has one of the highest insulation ratings available for residential and commercial structures. The floors have radiant heat and the garage doors are wooden sliders of the hanger type. With that said it is taking quite awhile but I do not care as it is a fixed price that has not, and appears will not, go over the orig. estimate. I would guesstimate March at this rate. The building will house up to six cars and more importantly can be easily and readily converted to a studio or second guest house as plumbing and electrical is all in place. Thinking resale here as there are not that many car collectors out there.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Well the foundation is seven ft. above the ground in the rear and there is storage underneath. The walls are adobe brick, which has one of the highest insulation ratings available for residential and commercial structures. The floors have radiant heat and the garage doors are wooden sliders of the hanger type. With that said it is taking quite awhile but I do not care as it is a fixed price that has not, and appears will not, go over the orig. estimate. I would guesstimate March at this rate. The building will house up to six cars and more importantly can be easily and readily converted to a studio or second guest house as plumbing and electrical is all in place. Thinking resale here as there are not that many car collectors out there.
That makes very good sense then. Not "Just" a garage.

·
Premium Member
43,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
And Heres a Caddy just waiting to go in the new garage!
1933 Fisher body with Fleetwood interior...V12 only 37 of em built like this a Rare combo of Fisher and Fleetwood craftmanship that is...
Stunning classic, that would be an asset to any serious collection! Waiting for my '76 Eldo Cvt. to be delivered. It was picked up in Alabama from the orig. owner two days ago. Here it is in all its faded glory. Thought I would show before and after pics this time around. $13k. 28k miles. All orig paint.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Stunning classic, that would be an asset to any serious collection! Waiting for my '76 Eldo Cvt. to be delivered. It was picked up in Alabama from the orig. owner two days ago. Here it is in all it's faded glory. Thought I would show before and after pics this time around.
Nice! somehow someway we are going to get Shane in one of theses Classic
Cars....:p

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Little "Crimson Tide" riff going on with the paint job and front plate on the Alabama '76 Eldo, which looks to be desparately yearning for a pair of steer horns on its hood.

I wonder if that is a new DTS in that garage. I like the DTS cars a lot but I despise the front wheel drive, in them. (RWD= good, FWD= bad.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts