Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Can anybody tell me how can I turn off the ESP on a C-Class?

Thanks a lot. [:D]
Press the ESP off button? LOL...there is no permanent way of turning it off unless you want to get all sorts of error messages; ABS nor traction control will function either.

·
Registered
1997 SLK 230
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah...

yeah... THAT button.

Sorry, Its that, the C isn't mine. I have a SLK and its a friend who has the "C" so I had to go and talk to him...

Well... seems like he's talking about something that will remove "completely" the ESP function, traction control, anything that would let him have a little more fun with it. [;)]

He talked about something he heard that didn't involve disabling it by REALLY disconnecting wires, but a sort of "code" using those "up/down" buttons located in the steering wheel.

Drew... hehe... I can be saying the most ridiculous things you have ever heard [:D], but I really just know about my SLK... I didnt even ever drive a C-Class...

(if it has no "crazy codes" how can I disable traction control + ABS? Disconneting what?)

Thanks a lot for you patience... really. [:)]

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Your friend wants to use "dyno mode"

It is really faily useless to use it except when testing on a dynometer. It will diable everything related to ESP and the anti-lock brakes. Using it on the street often results in error messages and codes.

·
Registered
SLK230
189 Posts
Re: oh yeah...

yeah... THAT button.

Well... seems like he's talking about something that will remove "completely" the ESP function, traction control, anything that would let him have a little more fun with it. [;)]

[:)]
If you want some fun, try a Lotus Elise or Exige, it's a blast....[:D][:p]

·
Registered
1997 SLK 230
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol

Lugnut...
Yeah... I think the same... but everyone wants their car performing, handling, cornering, everything like a pure-breed sportscar... even if it is a 1989 Fiat Uno Turbo-Diesel. [:D]

But in this case... I think he'll get more fun out of his C-Class having it a little more "loose". When I want to get some fun out of my car, I usually turn of my ASR... but... I don't know... it still always seems a little "self-controled" in some situations. I dunno if its the car, or just me...

Lynn... thanks. I sent you an email [:)]

Thanks everyone. [:)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts