Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello can somebody help me find out whats wrong with my 2002 cl500 it runs perfect no noises at all and has a new h pump, but today i felt and a noise coming from the stering wheel kinda like a vibration but smooth noisy though and got worse at the end of the day so its progressing (could it be that it needs hydraulic fluid?) its only when i turn the string wheel clockwise (right) and going very slow or not moving, please somebody help me figure out what this noise is ??? is it really serious?

i really really appreciate all responses and help.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You need to know how to check your ABC Fluid level. There is a ton of information here and detailed instructions on how to do it. If the ABC Fluid Reservoir gets too low it can and will damage the pump.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just did and the abc reservoir was full, and the ps power steering one was low so i refill it but the noise is still there, i just drove it for a few miles though i dont know if it takes time to absorb ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
High pitched whine?

If it is a high pitched whine that sends a slight vibration through the steering wheel you may want to check/replace the accumulator/dampener. If it is malfunctioning it sends a high-frequency vibration through the hydraulic lines that run down the drivers side..

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had my Ball Joints and Arms replaced a year ago. Parts are about $300. But its about 6 Hours of labor. So find a good Indy to do the work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
benz was charging me 1200 but i did it in my indi for 560.$ they are still good no problems so far.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it did needed a bit of alignment afterwards which i did.

its also a good idea if you are changing the lower control arms change the upper control arms too or the ball joint at least.

best wishes, good luck

·
Registered
112 Posts

its also a good idea if you are changing the lower control arms change the upper control arms too or the ball joint at least.

best wishes, good luck
Good advice. Then you won't worry.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts

best wishes, good luck
i replace my control arms few months ago, i did it my self, then run the car for alignment to firestone car center, i was not to far of alignment :D and job is pretty straight forward, 6 hours sound pretty high i did my self in less than 3 hours on my drive way;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts