Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to start my '03 c240 and the ignition doesn't seem to be recognizing my key. After trying several times the key finally turned so I thought that my key may be going bad. However I wasn't sure because it had unlocked my doors. After being inside the car I tried to turn on my wipers because it is starting to rain but the wipers did not work. I also noticed that my high beens will not come one and my day time running lights are not working either. If I turn the lights all the way on my low beams and my fog lights do work but the high beams still will not come on. I tried to use the menu controls on the steering wheel and they also are not working. Also after being in the car for a few minutes my display went out completely. I am trying very hard not to be nervous but its not working. Can someone please tell me what this might be. I am praying that it's just a fuse...

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Check your battery, it must be more than 12v any less and all sorts of electrical faults appear.

·
Registered
C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric everything else seemed to be working ok. The interior lights locks radio. Once I got the key to turn the car started and I did drive it around the parking lot and it seemed fine.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Start checking the fuses then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts