Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy people..
I have a big problem with my Mercedes SEL 600.. :(
The year of my car is 91., and the chasis No. is WDB1400571A030945, color: black
Pay atention that car only have a 128 000 km!! It's always in garage without eny weather condition!!

I know few thing about cars so I will try to explain the issue of mailfunction;

When I want to start the car....it starts, but only for a 2-3 seconds...engine work normaly and healthy, and the fuel pump work good (I listen the fuel pump sound!!perfect sound), but after that 2-3 seconds, engine shut down!! I start it again......the same thing every time, works littlee bit, and then shut down.Please help: [email protected] :surrender:

·
Registered
1989 560 SEL, 1993 400 SEL, 1986 420 SEL, 1977 450 SL, 1984 300D, 1981 380 SL, 1983 500 SL
606 Posts
Could be that fuel filter or fuel pump is partially blocked. It allows enough fuel to fill the fuel rail to allow it to start, however, not enough fuel to keep it running. One of my fuel pumps was not working and was choking it off enough to let it drive but I could not "Hit the pedal to the metal". If I did, it would pop and run very rough.

·
Registered
1999 S500 (W140)
170 Posts
Could be that fuel filter or fuel pump is partially blocked. It allows enough fuel to fill the fuel rail to allow it to start, however, not enough fuel to keep it running. One of my fuel pumps was not working and was choking it off enough to let it drive but I could not "Hit the pedal to the metal". If I did, it would pop and run very rough.

this sounds about right to me,,, your not getting fuel to the engine...

·
Registered
1996 Mercedes-Benz S500
721 Posts
id also check the fuel pressure regulator and the vacuum to that..... if vacuum lines are good, id probably start off with the filter and the regulator. they are cheap and if that doesnt fix it.... pump

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
i wonder if he starts it and then dies, does it start right back up? should not if there is an issue with fuel delivery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts