Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2010 glk350 4matic. I want to put 22 inch rims on it. I have a new set of 22s with wrong bolt pattern. Can I use adapters, and if I can is it a good idea? Is it risky and will it hurt performance? Also do I need something for the tire pressure sensor? Also how do I go about installing a amp and subwoofer to the stock radio? I have read about others having the same problem and places like best buy and so on messing things up. This is the best car I have ever driven and anything you can do to help me keep it that way I will greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
'06 SLK 350
192 Posts
I'm not a fan of adapters or spacers for that matter. It seems to me that if you had to use an adapter, it would have to be fairly thick to provide enough strength to keep everything in place - especially with the loads generated by an SUV. That said, I'd have to think the adapters would push the wheels too far out and it would throw off the backspacing/offset. If it were me - I'd exchange then for the "right" rims.

Post some pics once you've got new wheels on it - My GLK will be here on the 31st and I suspect I'll change the factory wheels pretty quickly and I'd love to see a few ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.