Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
C32, '02 M Roadster
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a 2001 CLK55 and while looking over specs was surprised to find engine output differences between it and the E55.

Why does the CLK55 have slightly less HP and torque than the E55 when they appear to have exactly the same motor.

The car that I am looking at has 18" wheels, is this an option? I thought that 17" wheels were standard.

Also, I have seen pics of a CLK55 Cabrio with leather on the center console but the coupe does not have this in the 01 or 02. Did I see a pic of a Euro car or is this an option on the cab.

Lastly, any differences between the '02 or '01 to make one more attractive?

Any comments are greatly welcomed!

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
I am looking at buying a 2001 CLK55 and while looking over specs was surprised to find engine output differences between it and the E55.

Why does the CLK55 have slightly less HP and torque than the E55 when they appear to have exactly the same motor.

The car that I am looking at has 18" wheels, is this an option? I thought that 17" wheels were standard.

Also, I have seen pics of a CLK55 Cabrio with leather on the center console but the coupe does not have this in the 01 or 02. Did I see a pic of a Euro car or is this an option on the cab.

Lastly, any differences between the '02 or '01 to make one more attractive?
Any comments are greatly welcomed!
The biggest difference is the PCM software. The 02 has a better PCM management software. Other than that not much diff.
Tim

·
Registered
C32, '02 M Roadster
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PCM Software?!

What exactly is the PCM software? Excuse my ignorance but I am an SLK32/C36 guy. I an familiar with the ECU and the tranny control unit but not the PCM.

Thanks....Carl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts