Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,, thanks for permitting me enter this wonderfull forum,,,

Ive been driving for a whole week a c320 2004.

I turnned it off , few minutes later I introduced the key, ( everything went normally, the seat repostion to driving position, inside lights went on, etc) i turnned the key but nothing happened at all. theres no warning signal ( just one about a rear light but it has been that message from a long time ago and other thats sometimes saids that maintainance time has 362 days :eek:)

Please if anyone can help me ill appreciated, is my dads car and he is not in the country at this time..

thank u all..

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Does the starter make a clicking sound? You might just need a jump. Probably battery drain from a seat module. That or you need a new battery. Lights, and everything will still work, but if enough voltage isn't read the starter will not engage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi , and thanks for helping me...

Today i was going to buy a new battery but minutes before i call the store, i tried it once more,,, boooom , IT WORKS,,,, what i dont understand, is why is now working??? ,, should I need to buy the battery?

thank you all,, :bowdown:

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,463 Posts
I'd still have the battery checked. You don't say where in the world you are, but in some countries (like the US) MB Roadside Assist will come to you and check it,then replace for no labor charge - just the cost of the (genuine MBZ) battery.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Did you have the car lights, radio, A/C, etc, on when you first attempted to start the car? Turning anything off that could be draining power will increase battery voltage, and allow it to start. One thing I find weird is you stated only a few minutes the car wouldn't start after running. If that's the case your alternator might be going downhill. Maybe not though because a bad battery won't charge good...

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
Might be the starter

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,463 Posts
Yep, you are right, it could be the starter, but that is one part that rarely fails on these vehicles. I'd say that in the case where it fails to start, it's 95% of the time a battery problem, 3% a bad starter, and 2% "something else".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts