Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i have a 2004 mercedes 320 petrol, over the last few months it has had issues starting sometimes it would start and run, sometimes it would start missfire for a couple of seconds the cut off and other times it just cranks but doesnt even attempt to start, now it wont start at all just cranks, i had a new fuel filter 8000 miles ago (2011), when i take the air box off and spray easy start in then it fires up but cuts straight back off when it is burnt off, today i pressed the nipple in on the fuel line and there is no pressure and no fuel also i took the fuel line off the one that leads to the fuel rail and there is no fuel coming up from there at all , there is over 1/4 tank of petrol. it has spark aswell i have checked that and there are no fault codes in the system what so ever i have had the scanner on it already. does anyone have any suggestions??? thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it used to play up more when it was hot but recently it doesnt matter weather its hot or cold, i have just checked the feed to the fuel pump and there is feed there the fuel pump relay is clicking over but there is no sound from the pump itself, i took the pipe of the fuel pump and again no fuel being pumped, could a faulty crank sensor cause this issue?
thanks

·
Registered
2005 E500S4
349 Posts
Next thing to check is if the pump is getting power. If the pump is getting power then likely the pump is bad. If pump is not getting power then fuse or relay or some electrical gremlin I would suspect.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,246 Posts
Was it an OEM MB branded fuel pump that was used or an aftermarket pump?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts