Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to mercedes as I have always had VW T4's (boo i hear you say).
I was offered a 52 plate 110 cdi with 68000 on the clock as a non runner. It was such a good deal I thought it was worth a try.
I trailered it back to my local Merc dealers, Enza Trafford park Manchester, and left it with them!!!!
Next day the phoned to inform me it needed a new high pressure pump!! £340 plus fitting!! They fitted it, and then took it off again saying it wasn't that, I now needed a new ECU kit, £1200 inc vat. After I picked myself back up off the floor, the service engineer said if I could get hold of one from a breakers he would fit it and code my keys, very nice of him. I got one from a guy in Nelson Lancs called Carl who advertised on ebay £500. I told him I needed a ECU and Key reader from the same vehicle as I was informed from Merc. Took it to Merc, They put it on, NO GOOD.
Went back to Carl, Got another set he assured me was a pair, took it to Merc they put it on, NO GOOD!!!!!
At this point I am a bit fed up and getting light in the pocket and dreading what the bill will be from Merc.
No faith in Carl now!! Went to Dronsfields in Oldham Got another kit £375+Vat
took it to Merc, this time I wait outside to see the outcome. They put it on the van starts first time, yippee. But. There is an EDC light on, the kit they gave me is from an earlier model, no problem I can swop it at the weekend!!
I go to work in north wales in the van no problem apart from being in limp mode, do my work go to start it again, nothing, just turns over.
RAC man comes and squirts it with easystart and it starts.
Take it straight to dronsfield and leave it with them. They say it needs an injector!!!! I pick it up next morning £340 they have also put the updated ECU kit on and I drive away still not satisfied with the power output. On the motor way the van goes into limp mode. I take it straight back they put it on the computer and I have a Vacuum sensor problem £70 and a recorded pressure sensor problem!!!
The EDC light comes on sometimes when i turn the key and not others!! I went into limp mode yesterday and dreaded going to a garage to have it reset but I got up this morning and it had reset it self!!!??? Now the horn wont work and the EDC light has come on again!!!

Sorry for going on a bit. And you can all stop laughing at me!!

Is it possible I have a wiring problem?? The loom under the air box has been taped up but does not apear to be damaged.
The fuel presure sensor has been changed.

Help please I like the van when it goes and I am at my wits end!!! I have only had it for two weeks!!

Thanks for reading
Mrboghog

·
Registered
Vito 111CDi 2004
1,109 Posts
The old easy start trick sounds like it might be an injector problem. They are notorious but have a search on here about people's intermittent problems with injectors.

Sorry to hear about your problems but I think the fella who sold it knew there was something wrong with it that was expensive to fix.

Good luck. I feel for ya.

·
Registered
2000 Vito 108 cdi
91 Posts
Had a similar problem myself, Didnt trust the expert and was quoted crazy money for all sorts of problems, not to mention replacing injectors.
As my van was not needed urgently I decided to do the work myself.
Got very little help but went ahead anyway.
I had a broken wire to the second injector. Soldered this and worked fine since.
Had to remove the pipes from the rail to the injectors to remove the black plastic wiring cover. I will replace the wiring loom as soon as I can as I expect the solder is just a temporary remedy and also the remaining wiring will probably not be in too good condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seem to have found the problem!!!

Fedup with Enza and dronsfield, found a local garage in Radcliffe manchester called Mercstar. Booked in for diag + 2 hours shake down, they have pinpointed dirty fuel past the fuel filter blocking fuel pressure sensor which is causing all my problems!!!!
New fuel filter and hopefully should clear itself soon!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts