Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 C300 4Matic Sports Sedan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 2015 vehicles with the fancy touchpad and NO physical radio buttons (a step back IMHO), setting radio favorites seems to be quite the pain in the [posterior]. The only way I've figured out how to do it is to have the radio station you want tuned, go to presets, get it to show the listing of existing presets, then pick an empty slot, then tell it to save the current station in that slot. Really?

I tried seeing if there was a "save to presets" command directly from having the station tuned in but found nothing. What am I missing? Hitting the favorites button (the star) just takes you to the list where you then have to manually pick the slot etc. as described above. It should allow you to save to presets then prompt you for a slot to save it in.

Again, if I'm missing something obvious, please let me know, guys. If it makes any difference, I have the Multimedia Package.

·
Registered
2015 C300
60 Posts
It is a clumsy and time consuming process, which involves getting into the Options/Edit submenu every time you want to save, move, or delete a preset. I've gotten to the point where I can do it fairly quickly now, but it is poorly implemented and a total PITA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another thing I could not figure out for the life of me is there an option to add additional presets? I see there's a list you can access (presents, HD FM, HD AM, XM). It would be nice if we can add additional presets. Does anyone know how?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 C300
60 Posts
Another thing I could not figure out for the life of me is there an option to add additional presets? I see there's a list you can access (presents, HD FM, HD AM, XM). It would be nice if we can add additional presets. Does anyone know how?

Thanks!
Tune to the station you want, swipe down to Options, then Edit, then swipe right. You'll find all the presets and open spaces there for adding, deleting, and moving.

·
Registered
2015 C300
60 Posts
I just tried this and, yes, pressing the touchpad does provide a shortcut to the preset list. Much easier than using the options/edit/swipe right routine.

I had never seen this listed in the manual, written or online, so I wonder if it's a newer feature or something they always had but just didn't document. In any case thanks for the tip, which really makes saving presets simple.

Reactions: chasator

·
Registered
SLK 250 Cdi AMG Sport 2013
1 Posts
Fixed Radio Channel Keeps Re-Occuring

Hi I have read and tried to reprogram the preset radio channels and successfully achieved this using the suggestions on this thread. However whatever I try the 'Fixed' channel set by the previous owner continues to default each and every time I start up.
I wonder if this has been set as a "favourite" station but I do not know how to remove this favourite status. Any suggestions please.:frown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.