Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 C220
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have read the section in the manual over and over and it still does not make sense to me on how this central locking system button works. I know it locks the doors, but for some reason I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what...here is the scenario.

95 C220... I am able to lock or unlock the trunk lock from the drivers door lock (basically unlocking the drivers door would also unlock the trunk so that I could just go to the back, press the button in and open it)....Also this worked vice a versa, where If I wanted to (lock or unlock) the doors, I could also do it from the trunk lock.

Basically, I can lock or unlock either of the front doors and the trunk will be locked or unlocked as well, but I cannot get the doors to lock or unlock when trying to do it from the trunk lock.

I don't think anything has broken to cause this, because I ran into this same problem before and was somehow able to get it working again so that when I unlock/lock the trunk the doors would also lock/unlock...I must have toggled something on or off to activate or deactivate this feature?? Please...what am I doing wrong. I think this cent.locking system has something to do with it??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1994 C280
17 Posts
When you go to your trunk to lock/unlock it and you also want to lock/unlock your doors, is the key hole in the vertical (up/down) position or is it in the horizontal (left/right) position? It is possible to remove the key from the trunk lock if you turn the key all the way to the right, placing the key hole in the horizontal position. However, mine is always in the vertical position and I am able to lock/unlock all doors and trunk with the trunk lock.

From the vertical position: counter-clockwise should unlock and clockwise should lock.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
95 C220
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes mine does that as well, I believe that is the valet function so that the trunk will not open with the valet key when it is all the way to the right and key is removed.
But this does not seem to change or enable the unlocking of the doors from the trunk lock cylinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts