Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be a good time to get the Recaros in a new skin.The vinyl is SO MUCH cheaper and longer lasting according the Expert Guy.But to me leather IS leather,but it comes with an $800 extra price tag.What you Guys recommend?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Dude.....:confused:

Whatever you do -Don't do vinyl. :eek::eek::eek:

If leather is too much, leave the cloth on until you feel you can afford the type of classy Roser leather the seats need to match the rest of the interior.

Besides, everyone knows fabric is more comfortable than leather. :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Leather or vinyl, a bit like dating a stripper,... or a ballerina.

strippers suck.

i did vinyl in my convertable and it sucks, will never make that mistake again,
yes they say u cant tell the difference.

until its hot out and you stick to youur seat

also has no character , vinyl does not react like leather, does not have the form and substance of leather.

hate the stuff

dad 07 E350 4MATIC has the vinyl and it sucks feels cheap, NG

the recaros look to be in mint condition, why not have them professionally dyed ???

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leather or vinyl, a bit like dating a stripper,... or a ballerina.
Teutone,this is the best one
The color is close as the car interior is palomino.So I could install it like it is now with the fabric.I'm thinking to get the leather but for the extra money I could do other things on the car.Like getting the big trunk wing to scare the kids or something like that.:D

·
Registered
291 Posts
In the short term strippers can be fun, but a ballerina is far better in the long run...

Seats are much more functional than ground effects or a spoiler...you won't be sitting on the trunk of the car every day it's driven (unless you're not the conventional type).

I find that comparing the amount of money for one thing to what it could buy isn't a healthy thing. With the amount of money I spent in the last trip to the shop I could have bought a set of wheels and headlights which I badly need (one smashed headlight door, ouch!). But I'm right there with you that the cost of leather can be painful at times and definately makes someone question if it's really worth it. As far as it lasting longer...IMO the guy isn't quite right about that. If treated correctly leather can last for a VERY long time. It would take more upkeep but is generally considered a lot more comfortable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts