Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
when i first turn on the light is very blue after few min it change into yellow is that normal ?<br> but shouldn't it stay white light not yellow light ? and i heard that new HID light need 20hr of burning time is that true ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
There has been so much problem with Mercedes after market HID.......................................

<br> that i decided to stay away from it even those there's a person that offer to sell his aftermarket HID to me for onlyn $250 !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Stop with that "burn in period" bullshit. There is no such thing as "burn in per....

The OE bulbs which is supplied by OSRAM to MBUSA are NOT to spec of the PHILIPS bulbs that you receive with your car. What causes the yellowish output is the fact that OSRAM bulbs have a much lower temperature rating in Kelvin (3900K~4100K). If you look at the light spectrum chart you will see this to be the case. Most of the Xenon bulbs you see that burn a True White or even a blueish tint have alot higher temp ratings. Unfortunately, the OSRAM bulbs that you will get now from your dealer, are going to be yellow until MBUSA chooses a different supplier or more expensive bulb that puts out a higher temp rating. <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just started that rumor, now every Xenon manufac....

believes it. I don't think it's bullshit considering the manufacturers will even tell you that there is a burn in period so get off of it buddy.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Good come back ;) Even though i spoke the engineers Philips and OSRAM, I still must be mistaken...

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
good q's! I have the same problem!

I installed a set of HIDS4LESS 6000K bulbs in my dad's S-Class and they looked fine, even bluer than the CLK's OEM. But I decided to swap them for a set of Phillips so I could take them for my M5 and the Phillips did the same thing. First turned BLUE and after a second or so, turned BROWNISH. SUP w/ that????

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Brownish!?...

That's a first! I do think that there is a break-in period since mine have changed from a very very slight yellow when new (after warmup), to just brilliant white.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts