Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, what can be cause my problem, when spraying oil from the dip stick hole in my ML55 (gauge of the crankshaft), there's usually a vacuum there??

With regards from Denmark.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,712 Posts
Help, what can be cause my problem, when spraying oil from the dip stick hole in my ML55 (gauge of the crankshaft), there's usually a vacuum there??

With regards from Denmark.
Is engine oil level correct?
How many miles on vehicle?
What does gauge of the crankshaft mean?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Open the oil filler cap with the engine running and if this stops it you may have a blocked breather system.

·
52,804 Posts

·
52,804 Posts
That engine does not have PCV valve.
OOPsss correct as usual, but it does have a breather system and this is most probably blocked. Hence too much crankcase pressure.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOPsss correct as usual, but it does have a breather system and this is most probably blocked. Hence too much crankcase pressure.
I will express myself better, if I can in English; I was driving in the car, suddenly light the yellow
Oil lamp, I stopped, and saw some oil was coming up from the oil stick hole, I add ⅓ l oil, and now I have been driving 400 km since without any problems, so can anybody help me, what could cause the problem?

I also forgot to tell that the car is mounted with a Kleemann compressor.

I believe it could be related to the breather system, can somebody please explain what I can do to check it, the car have 120000 mile on the clock.

I am really looking forward to some help, thanks from Denmark.

·
52,804 Posts
Key point number one is "120000 mile on the clock". Could you tell us more about the service history of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2002 MB ML500
63 Posts
PCV

That engine does not have PCV valve.
I was not sure if the ML had a PCV or not, but just wanted to note that on my other car that was the case....hoping to at least get the OP pointed in the right direction or add to the fact it is "probably" a breather system problem as noted by the moderator.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,712 Posts
I will express myself better, if I can in English; I was driving in the car, suddenly light the yellow
Oil lamp, I stopped, and saw some oil was coming up from the oil stick hole, I add ⅓ l oil, and now I have been driving 400 km since without any problems, so can anybody help me, what could cause the problem?

I also forgot to tell that the car is mounted with a Kleemann compressor.

I believe it could be related to the breather system, can somebody please explain what I can do to check it, the car have 120000 mile on the clock.

I am really looking forward to some help, thanks from Denmark.
Crankcase ventilation consists of partial load system marked in green and full load (wide open throttle) system marked in blue.

Poor maintenance leads to sludge buildup at valve cover nipples marked in red. Remove hoses 146 (left) and 170 (right) and check if nipples are plugged. Clean with carburetor cleaner.

Attachments

·
52,804 Posts
^^Nice post and right on track man:thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Crankcase ventilation consists of partial load system marked in green and full load (wide open throttle) system marked in blue.

Poor maintenance leads to sludge buildup at valve cover nipples marked in red. Remove hoses 146 (left) and 170 (right) and check if nipples are plugged. Clean with carburetor cleaner.
Thanks for the diagram - I assume it's the ML55 motor M113 maybe? I am thinking this is the oil using issue my 207,000 kms 2006 ML 500 w164 with M113 motor is having- uses oils and there are no leaks - burns 1 litre every 550 to 700 kms. It's a new to me vehicle and I have no idea how it was maintained , probably not great

·
Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
886 Posts
Thanks for the diagram - I assume it's the ML55 motor M113 maybe? I am thinking this is the oil using issue my 207,000 kms 2006 ML 500 w164 with M113 motor is having- uses oils and there are no leaks - burns 1 litre every 550 to 700 kms. It's a new to me vehicle and I have no idea how it was maintained , probably not great
Might not be the same problem... If you're burning oil, .. could be because of ring blow by..
A MMO soak can help in slowing down oil consumption... if your oil rings are clogged up and seized..

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,101 Posts
You were advised on the 164 forum not to use any cleaner but now you are satisfied because someone irresponsibly recommended so.

Those hoses and connectors in Witek's diagram are for redirection of intake & exhaust gases, no oil flows through them.

It's quite apparent that you are looking for a miracle instead of investigating what it looks like under the valve covers, and clearing the vent holes.

Do as you please.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts