Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this before and I realy realy need help. I have a 1998 E320, when I start my car or its less than 75 decrease my digital read (climate - distance - time - error codes) is fine, but if it gets past 85 decrease it slowly fades untill I cant see anything. This is a huge problem because I live in San Diego and now that the weather will start hitting above 90 and even 100 in mid-day I will be driving with out this feature. I have no clue to why this is happening. I feel like it can be dangerous for several reasons, if something happens I wont know because I cant read anything. Once the car cools down it is fine, which makes me very confused. If you have a professional opinion and or have went through this please reply thank you.

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it Im the only one who is going through this, ok so I will switch the Qn, should I check my fuses, wire harness, or am I gonna need a whole new console?

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you, do you have an any idea what this may cost me? thank you for responding

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
1,919 Posts
If you do search, you will find talk of a place that you can send the cluster for repair. I think it takes 48 hours to get back. The price was aroud $250.00. The kicker is that you can not use your car until it comes back from repair. Or you can do the ebay thing but your miles will be wrong on the OD.

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW, I guess the dealer will charge me thier entire staff's morgage ha???

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW....man....theres only one thing i could do to fix this, Alaska here I come.....LOL...thank you for repling I was very conserned for safty reasons.....ok have great one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts