Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
SLK
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, my first post in these forums here! [:)]

I have a 97 SLK with the tiny standard wheels which are starting to really annoy me... also the tyres are worn, so time for a change. I've found someone nearby who has some BBS 19"x8.5", with 235/35 tyres on his Audi S4 he's selling for a good price, and have been searching the net trying to see if they have any chance at all at fitting on my SLK.

As far as I know, the S4 uses 5x112 +35 wheels, and the SLK uses 5x112, +35 to +42 wheels? Currently the tyres on my car are 205/60r15, and the 235/35r19s will apparently increase the overall diameter by about 19mm (from an online tyre size calculator)

So the questions I have... will the wheel/tyres fit on my SLK? Will I need longer wheel bolts? Will the wheels/tyres run into the guards or suspension parts? Will I need to roll the guards?

Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
SLK
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a picture... wheel looks great!

Just went to have a look at them...

BBS CH, 19"x8.5" et 35, with 235/35 continental tyres. Tried to fit them on my car, but there's a hub ring in the centre that's too small for MB, but that can be removed by a wheel shop pretty easy.

Still need some expert opinions on whether I'll have any trouble with the width of the wheels or tyres interfering with the car :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts