Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have an ML320 2000, since 2 days ago the alarm goes off by itself for no reason and also the lights on the ceilling stay on even after the car is turned on and i have to turn it off manually.
please tell me what to do? should i disconnect and reconnect the battery or what? thanks guys

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
False alarms are or were a known problem area with early ML's. Usually it was the galss breakage sensor or the tow away sensor, Both are located in the trip computer assembly. There have been a number of udated parts issued to correct these problems. In your case with the lights staying on it may be a bad door switch. I would have a dealer check this out before you have a dead battery or are awakened in the middle of the night with an alarm. Neither are a big problem

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,338 Posts
I had a problem with mine where the alarm would sound right as I locked the door with the remote key fob. Of course I could silence it by unlocking the door with the remote and then usually I could re-lock it and it would be fine. This would also be accompanied by the trip computer being reset or scrambled. They had to install a new TC (actually three) to solve it.

- RODNEY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts