Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
clk 200k w208
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so here goes, im new here so kinda learning the site still:confused: my names sam, im 20 and live in united kingdom, i see lots of u guys are from elsewhere..:eek:

:confused:The news, my clk 200k seems to be going through stages of loosing power, you can jump in it and drive fine but when you stop and turn off, then come back and restart its just like the charger isnt there, its like half the amount of power being delivered. its really strange though because you can here the changer winding up but just not boosting it out.. as soon as the car is to go cool or left over night it drives fine again, i know its done 120,000 miles:crybaby2: but surely that would have nothing to do with it...
any help will be welcomed
thanks

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Ok so here goes, im new here so kinda learning the site still:confused: my names sam, im 20 and live in united kingdom, i see lots of u guys are from elsewhere..:eek:

:confused:The news, my clk 200k seems to be going through stages of loosing power, you can jump in it and drive fine but when you stop and turn off, then come back and restart its just like the charger isnt there, its like half the amount of power being delivered. its really strange though because you can here the changer winding up but just not boosting it out.. as soon as the car is to go cool or left over night it drives fine again, i know its done 120,000 miles:crybaby2: but surely that would have nothing to do with it...
any help will be welcomed
thanks

Hi mate, good to see another Brit on the forum!

I can't really help I'm afraid - hopefully one of the seniors will help you out.

Hope you get things sorted.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
01 CLK 230K
58 Posts
there is something called ( work shop ) , why dont you visit it :)

When i experience some loss of power or noises or whatever i send the car to the workshop and check it our there..

·
Registered
clk 200k w208
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is something called ( work shop ) , why dont you visit it :)

When i experience some loss of power or noises or whatever i send the car to the workshop and check it our there..
everytime it goes to the workshop it sits there waiting to be looked at and evertime they jump in it and drive it, it drives fine, they have checked over everything and plugged it in to their computer but cant find anything, the bills are getting higher and higher for them to find nothing.
so as any person would try (even yourself possibly) to save money they find a forum site and ask questions around hoping others have simular problems..
im just fed up with nearly £450 worth in bills for nothing.
rant over....

·
Registered
791 Posts
everytime it goes to the workshop it sits there waiting to be looked at and evertime they jump in it and drive it, it drives fine, they have checked over everything and plugged it in to their computer but cant find anything, the bills are getting higher and higher for them to find nothing.
so as any person would try (even yourself possibly) to save money they find a forum site and ask questions around hoping others have simular problems..
im just fed up with nearly £450 worth in bills for nothing.
rant over....
Hi mate.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems.

Can the workshop you are going to even make a suggestion as to why the car would be loosing power?

I'm assuming it's a MB workshop or an approved MB workshop?

If you want, look up the Tonbridge MB workshop in Kent. I know it's not really near you but the guys in there are good. Maybe you could ask THEM why your car might be loosing power. At least that way you could get a second opinion/ thoughts.

·
Registered
clk 200k w208
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mate.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems.

Can the workshop you are going to even make a suggestion as to why the car would be loosing power?

I'm assuming it's a MB workshop or an approved MB workshop?

If you want, look up the Tonbridge MB workshop in Kent. I know it's not really near you but the guys in there are good. Maybe you could ask THEM why your car might be loosing power. At least that way you could get a second opinion/ thoughts.

hi, yes it is an approved mb workshop, we take all 6 of our merc's there, its mb of stourbridge, the guys there are fantastic but just cant seem to find anything, they have thoughts of the supercharger being a bit tempermental but other than that, that it.
i have taken it to mb of worcester as well who have said very simular things but i would always trust the place at stourbridge. i would hate to think how much a new charger would be, but if it has to be done then its got to be done.. cheers

·
Registered
791 Posts
... i would hate to think how much a new charger would be, but if it has to be done then its got to be done.. cheers
It's funny you should say that..

I saw a supercharger from a CLK on Ebay about 2 days ago.

It is from a CLK that has only done 35,000 miles and is priced at £60!

It's hidden amongst all other things for CLK's.

Just type in CLK and hunt through the 1,200 or so items that come up.

·
Registered
W208 CLK 200 kompressor
23 Posts
Hey.

Im going through the same problems. Loosing power sometimes and works fine the next day. Most the times ive gotten the CEL come on after some time.

Ive had numerous diagnostics and no one seems to find the "real" problem.

Ive changed the MAF sensor, both lamdasonds on cat, sparkplugs and still not succeeded.

A friend of mine tipped me of doing a vacum check which is next on my to do list.

Anyone with advices on this matter is highly welcome.

Regards Anders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts