Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 S500 is having some issues and I don't know what the hell is wrong with it. For one, the Airmatic will not raise the car and the car is slammed and the warning" Airmatic Car too low do not drive" is on and the doors will not lock or unlock with the key or the internal lock/unlock button. The air tight feature which the doors and trunk get sucked in also does not work. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem here. I think it might be a fuse(s) But I don't have a fuse guide. Anyone know what fuse to check? PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
2004.5 C 230K SS
69 Posts
I doubt it is just a fuse if your car is slammed and you are having suspension problems. I am not a technician, but I am sure there are people on the W220 forums that can provide some sort of an explanation.

I have heard and seen this happen to a lot of S and CL models. I imagine your service will be crazy expensive if you do not have a warranty.

I would get towed to your local MB dealer ASAP. Do not try to drive the car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
06 ml500, 03 sl55 modified, 03 s55
15 Posts
had this problem with abc system. started car. pushed up button to raise car up twice. car raised. hit button again to lower to standard. everything has been ok.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have seen this problem a couple of times. first thing to do is check fuse #32. its in the right front engine compartment fuse box. its a large 40amp maxi fuse. its probably blown. your compressor for the airmatic system is bad and drawing too much amperage. you are going to need to replace the pump, relay and valve block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts