Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Try again

I think it's nice n tight!!! What's the setup on this consist of?<br> <br> Spring Pads?? size?<br> Spring stock or aftermarket?<br> wheel size f/r?<br> tire size f/r?<br> <br> Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen this somewhere before...

I believe that its running 19' BBS 2 piece wheels with lowering springs. Must be using #1 spring pads to get it down that low. It must also have some wheel spacers on to give it the wide stance. I'll look to see if I can find the original picture and any info associated with it.<br> <br> You're right, it looks really nice, although a bit toy boyish (or maybe pimp daddy). However, I am not too sure that its a good ride.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you explain to me the pad system?

Also, are you sure he's running spacers? I really want to get those for my CLK, but not if they stick out like that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pads can adjust the height and ride quality of the car.

They are essentially hard rubber rings that go on top of the springs. The thickner they are the more 'cushion' there is for the springs and therefore softer ride. Conversely, the thinner they are the lower your car sits. So that's the trade off beyond what the springs actually do. I post a new thread of what mods I did to mine to describe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts