Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just purchased my first MB. The 240c 4-matic. I had also driven the 330xi. Now I'm seeing all kinds of bad reviews for the MB. Did I make a mistake?

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Don't worry about the reviews...

Ok, I just purchased my first MB. The 240c 4-matic. I had also driven the 330xi. Now I'm seeing all kinds of bad reviews for the MB. Did I make a mistake?
As long as you enjoy the vehicle, why bother with other people's opinions? A review is just that...someone's opinion.

FWIW, the C-class is safer overall from a measurable point of view, when compared to the 3-series.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
You're welcome, Sharon...

Ok, thanks Drew. I'm sure I will love it!
Do you have the vehicle yet? Or have you simply ordered it? If so, that is the problem [:)]. One drive and I'm sure that you will forget about whatever reviews you may have read.

Here are a few pictures of my C320 4-matic.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
another nice looking shots and location huh!! and

hey,I'm hope you have your E brake on[:D][:D]your precious one can roll down to the Lake j/k[:D][;)]
BTW, on "C you don't need to turn your headlight to fire up the fog light?

and here is my final question, Drew what do you think is the New C230 Sedan, Is the Kompressor a good Engine? I think that's all I can afford as of now[:)][:)][;)]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Re: another nice looking shots and location huh!! and

and here is my final question, Drew what do you think is the New C230 Sedan, Is the Kompressor a good Engine? I think that's all I can afford as of now[:)][:)][;)]
is it for you, or your daughter ? my gut tells me it is for you. tell me i am wrong. [:)]

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Ok Ok, Andy, it's for me, LOL

My wife is hugging my ML, she's been using ("HIM" ML) more often and her old one is for my daughter, and hey my Daughter pass the test the second time[:)][:)][;)]

·
Registered
312 Posts
hey, congratulation.

don't spoil her with the benz. until she put some scratch on the car, she had not passed the real test. [:)]

so, you are looking for a c class sedan for your lady. i take back what i said about you. you are a good husband&father. i am looking for a c class sedan too. what is this c230 sedan BTW, it is pretty new to me. how much?

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
None at my Dealer lot yet, last time I've checked...

so I went to www.MBUSA.com and browse, it cost starting 28K-
38K, as you know these prices are all MSRP[:(!][:(!]and I will never pay MSRP[:D]I know already what I want to this one went its arrive and test drive it[:D][:D]later..

and Hey, my daughter is only allowed to drive 5 miles round trip by herself, till I fully blessed her
[:D][:D]

·
Registered
312 Posts
i may have to ...

take back what i said about you being a good father.[:)] 5 miles round trip? why don't you just tell her to drive back/forward on driveway.[:D]. that is how i learn to drive a stick by the way.

thanks for the link. i have impression that it is rear-wheel drive, and no 4 matic available. isn't it? i can confirm that on mbusa.com.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
lol, what are you doing still at work:) go home.....

and feed your dog[:D][:D][:D]

yeah its a rear wheel drive, I don't hink MB made FWD car yet, unless Crysler run a plant[:(][:(]then I will get rid my MB.

·
Registered
312 Posts
just trying to get some activities here...

i only feed my dog once a day. his next meal is tomorrow morning. but me, as often as i please. would you like a jelly filled donut for afternoon break.?[;)] we can talk more on this c230 sedan.[:)]

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
he he, I fell in love to the kompressor when I heard the ...,..

roaring sound one time someone in my neighborhood came around on my Cul-de-sac and hit the pedal, and she'ssssssssss flyinggggggggggg. I said, Oh boy ,I will get one of them someday...don't wake me up pls.[:D][:D][;)]

·
Registered
ML 320
145 Posts
Hi Andy and JimB! We're all looking at c-class cars. :)

I went to a dealer in San Jose (bay area) yesterday morning and they had the new C320 Sports Sedan. It was a nice car but with the C2 package (automatic) it costs $39K.

Of course, its still subject to negotiation. If I'm not mistaken, the Kompressors are around $29K as the base price--no options.

My mechanic friend who owns a shop said that the Kompressor is one more part that might break. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
You need to add a C320 4-Matic to the test

It's 3.2L engine and is the C's more powerful option, just as the 330's 3.L engine is the 3-series' top option. The C240 has a 2.6L engine and would compare more with BMW's 325 model. The C probably will last longer and have a higher resale value down the road and to me, it looks better too.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Actually the new C230K sedan is very nice...

Of course, its still subject to negotiation. If I'm not mistaken, the Kompressors are around $29K as the base price--no options.
The C230K sport sedan starts at $27,990. It comes with plenty of standard equipment, including full leather, sport seats and suspension, and the Evolution package 17" wheels. A truely remarkable value!

My mechanic friend who owns a shop said that the Kompressor is one more part that might break. Just my .02.
Note that this is a completely new engine (the 1.8) and so far it has proven to be troublefree. Even the predecessor 2.3L engine was trouble-free. MB has been dealing with supercharges for over 50 years now, and are quite experienced in this field [:)]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
LOL, parking brake is always on...

hey,I'm hope you have your E brake on[:D][:D]your precious one can roll down to the Lake j/k[:D][;)]
BTW, on "C you don't need to turn your headlight to fire up the fog light?
Yes, on the C-class you can turn on only the parking lamps + foglamps. In my case though, the daytime running lights will illuminate whe the engine is turned on, so this is solely for my pictures only.

I like it a lot! I think that it is a great value for what you get as standard equipment. Just remember to add in the Bi-Xenon option from the factory [:)]

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
TY very much and the bi-X is already on my list of option....but

when I went to KBB dot com the 17" rim was not included to the standard equipment list? and I knew I read it in our front page that 17" is included. I have to see it in person to believe[:(][:(]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Yes, it is included...

when I went to KBB dot com the 17" rim was not included to the standard equipment list? and I knew I read it in our front page that 17" is included. I have to see it in person to believe[:(][:(]
All of our information comes directly from MB, so it's accurate. All of the C230K Sport sedans come with the 17" wheels as standard equipment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts