Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Lorinser 280SL Euro
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Im new here.. nice to meet you all. I have come into this car and the former owner said it was a special car shipped from Germany. It has a body kit that has "Lorinser" tags and wheels labled "Lorinser" as well as fog lights.. a local motorsports mechanic here says this is "AMG" stuff.. can someone tell me a little about this car? It's a 280 sl with 6cy 38,000 miles, and loud as hell..

Attachments

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,357 Posts
Can't tell much with one picture but if it says Lorinser it is Lorinser. AMG would Have AMG on it and the wheels.

Welcome to the forum. Please fill in your profile with location and car info.

Those wheels are Lorinser. Spoiler does not look like AMG Someone stuck US DOT headlights on it. All of this could have been done in the US. Not necessarily German.

·
R/C107 Moderator
32,357 Posts
I was editing my post while you were posting. LOL.
Looking forward to more pictures. It looks like a very nice 280SL.

·
Registered
1984 Lorinser 280SL Euro
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! I wish they had not added the body kit.. looks cool in the 1980's, but now I wish it was just stock.. but as for the rims .. I love the rims. so.. I guess Im stuck with a "pimped out" 280sl huh? Ill keep her just as she is and consider it a "stock" Lorinser euro with us dot headlights? Do they do anything to the engine or tranny? I found this old ad online for Lorinser

Attachments

·
Registered
500SLC #2624. Black on Black.
5,120 Posts
Judging by your description of "loud as hell", I'd say they've at least done the exhaust. Some pics under the bonnet would be good! And welcome.

·
Registered
1984 Lorinser 280SL Euro
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay Sir.. will get some good pics tomorrow.. good excuse to buy that nikon camera.. hmm

·
R/C107 Moderator
32,357 Posts
107s are an excuse for new tools, new camera, new clothes, another 107.
The list is endless.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
107s are an excuse for new tools, new camera, new clothes, another 107.
The list is endless.
........new credit card.........

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
Nobby knows best!

Looks like a hell of a nice car. The kit does make the car a bit busy but I'd bet a set of euro lights will mellow out the front end a bit. I wouldn't touch it, just use and enjoy.

Those Lorinser rims are tits, they are very rare and interesting. They belong with the car, a lorinser 280sl is a very cool car.

·
Registered
1984 500sl
655 Posts
Yes.. The 107 is the gift that keeps on giving !! I'm having the top end rebuilt this winter, new valve guides etc. Also, a new timing chain. While the motor is out, we're going to re-seal all the leaky seals.( I'll post the pictures as soon as we get started ) Last winter was a transmission rebuild.
I have very little history on my car so, every project is an adventure !
I agree with daryn ..Maybe some Euro headlights but, that's all. Just drive it and enjoy ! Looking forward to those pictures, good luck with car.

·
Registered
1984 Lorinser 280SL Euro
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no new nikon today, but I did hold it in my hand.. :p heres some crappy iphone pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 Lorinser 280SL Euro
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One more thing.. why is there a white sticker on the trunk lid with "D" on it? Ive seen this in pics before.. is there any historical meaning.. I would like to get rid of it when I repaint the car

1 - 20 of 32 Posts