Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I don't know what happended to the rest of my post but here it is. I really want to post pictures of my car for you all but I can not figure out how to so it. The kid at the computer store said to hook up the camera to the computer and then I'd be all set. But hook it up to where and with what? And once it's hooked up, how do the pictures go into the computer? Does the computer just suck them out of the camera automatically or do I have to push a button or type someting in? And, once the pictures are in, how do you get them into the various parts of the forum. For instance, I see people have them in there address area and also as part of their signiture etc. I would love to do the same. I beleive I have a fairly unique vehicle and would love to share. Any one care to help?

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
You should have all the necessary software and cables with your camera. Don't you have a user guide with it?

·
BenzWorld W140 Host
W140 S 320 L & R129 500SL
1,918 Posts
mark11 - 2/15/2005 8:58 AM

Ok, I don't know what happended to the rest of my post but here it is. I really want to post pictures of my car for you all but I can not figure out how to so it. The kid at the computer store said to hook up the camera to the computer and then I'd be all set. But hook it up to where and with what? And once it's hooked up, how do the pictures go into the computer? Does the computer just suck them out of the camera automatically or do I have to push a button or type someting in? And, once the pictures are in, how do you get them into the various parts of the forum. For instance, I see people have them in there address area and also as part of their signiture etc. I would love to do the same. I beleive I have a fairly unique vehicle and would love to share. Any one care to help?
BTW is your camera using SD card?If yes and your PC has a SD card reader then it's straight forward.Just put the sd card in the reader and just transfer the image to the my documents.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
mark11 - 2/15/2005 5:58 AM

Mark,

Your camera will come with a cord that attaches to the camera on one end and then to the computer on the other end via a USB port.

If you stick the camera cord in the USB port then the camera will show up as an external drive on your computer. Push the drive that shows the camera and the pictures will come up. Download them into the computer by copying and pasting them or if you know how by copying them by dragging them.

Once you have the pictures in the computer, in order to show them you need to post them in a gallery. I suggest you use this forum and post the pictures here. Just click on galleries and it will take you through posting pictures.

In order for an image to show up on a post you need to push the word Image listed under "Forum Code" at the top of the page. This will give you the format to show the image.

In the middle of this format is the http:// address to wherever your pictures are posted to the internet.

Once you post your pictures in the gallery use the format above and the pictures will show up.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Would love to see pictures of your car.

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I found my original camera box and in fact it does have a cord that connects to the computer. So, I will be testing this out tonight!!! Thanks everyone for your help. I think you will enjoy these pictures since I believe my car is rather unique with the jet black exterior and the optional exclusive black nappa leather interior with the sport package and RENNtech upgrades and every other known option including glacier blue door sills etc... Can't wait to finally show you all! Thanks again

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
carlosfernandeznadal - 2/15/2005 3:58 PM

Could you download the photos to the computer?
On this forum, the photos need to go on the internet in order to put into a post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts