Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes Benz E320 Sport edition 52k miles.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 E320 Sport edition and want to know if you have to actually drop the tank to change the FUEL FILTER? not the pump or the sending unit or anything else, just the FILTER. Every thread I read on here has either danced around the filter subject or has degenerated into barb throwing or veered off topic so bad that you start to forget what you were originally on here to find out! For God sakes man! I want the answer to one simple question...... Do you have to drop the tank to replace the FUEL FILTER? Or can you get to it under the rear seat through the access panels there? Again the FUEL FILTER! :eek: Benzer2004

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,144 Posts
The filter is inside the tank and part of pump unit.
It can be accessed from under the rear seat where you will see two hatch doors. Under
those are the access to the pump/sender units.
That is the only fuel filter on the car.

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes Benz E320 Sport edition 52k miles.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the honest answers guys! I did pull a CPS code out of the computer yesterday which I had a strong suspicion after I thought how it was reacting by just cutting off intermittenly. That's textbook cranksensor malfunction. So, I just need to know where it's located so I can see if I can do it myself. I picked up the new sensor already and it's just one bolt hole and then the electrical connector. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts