Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ML 500
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first MB ML 500 and love it. I have a question for you experts. I noticed that when I open up the center console there is a prewired cradle for the Motorola V60 phone. The two options this car has are Sunroof & Bose CD Changer. I want to know if I buy a MB Motorola V60 phone from let's say Ebay, can I just simply plug it in the to the cradle to make it work with the radio or is there more to it than just that??? The dealership quoted me over $1000 to do this. Can I do this myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2000 E320
173 Posts
You need to get the MB specific V60. It has specific firmware to fully work with your car....

You need to get the MB specific V60. It has specific firmware to fully work with your car. But since you car already has the car kit, it shouldn't cost you $1000. There are some MB V60 phones on eBay that pop up once in a while for much cheaper.

·
Registered
2003 ML 500
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: You need to get the MB specific V60. It has specific firmware to fully work with your car.

You need to get the MB specific V60. It has specific firmware to fully work with your car. But since you car already has the car kit, it shouldn't cost you $1000. There are some MB V60 phones on eBay that pop up once in a while for much cheaper.
Thanks for the quick response, so just to make sure I understand what you are saying. If I find a MB V60 on Ebay (which I already have) and buy it, all I have to do is plug it in to my cradle and it will work fine with no other modifications or wiring needed to work with the radio???

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
To play it safe, I would go to the dealer and ask the service guy to put a MB V60 they hav...

To play it safe, I would go to the dealer and ask the service guy to put a MB V60 they have right there. If they told you there isn't, that's a lie. Someone working there would have one in his or her car, they can simply ask to borrow for a minute to try it. in to see if everything is already programmed to go.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
Look here ....

If you are comfortable removing parts from your ML take a look here ...

http://www.benzworld.org/publications/pub.asp?id=143

I completed a DIY install over the weekend of the phone kit. If you pull the lower trim panel off in the passenger area and see the PSE module you can be pretty sure the system is installed. You could pull the glove box as well and look to see if the liner compensator is in or not.

If you press the "TEL" button on the MCS what does the screen say?

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts