Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a few shots today after washing my car. Hope you like them! I won't post everything yet but these are what I think are the better ones. Enjoy![8D]

Attachments

·
Registered
200 -85 / 280E -79
1,221 Posts
Very nice!
Love your taillights! I want that sort of lights too!!![^]

I must wash my car too soon [;)]

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
I love your color. I know its a common color, but I think it has to be one of the best ones.

Im thinking of selling my Coupe to get a Sedan or Wagon. Im not too sure if I cant live with two doors. [:D]

·
Registered
1983 300 D turbo
303 Posts
Your 1st post, last picture... my favorite...
I am attempting to shoot some of my car and get that effect. So far I have failed, compared to you.
We should have nice weather this weekend out here, so I'll be trying again.
Can't believe these cars are over 20 years old, they even photgraph well.
Great Pix's.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

Onkel, I haven't heard from you in a while. I await those new pics of yours [:p]

300CD, yeah me thinks that Manila Beige is such a great color too. I notice that the blend of colors is just amazing. The yellow on blue license plate, the amber corners, the yellow fogs, the black on chrome bumper and trim, and personally my "Philippines" badge with a blue/red combo -- all these add to the touch of the beige body color.

Lancer, I used a fish-eye lens for your favorite pic. Will post more when I get home. I can email you the original pics (hi-res) if you want. The camera I used has a tilt screen so I could see it even while it's angled upwards. Forgot the specs of it, will update later.

Hey I have a proposal for everybody. Grab your cameras and start snapping pics of your W123 in very odd angles to create W123-Art or something. What do you think? Doesn't have to be the exterior. Interior shots are more than welcome. [8D]

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
did you say w123 art?

im making a commentary piece atm, a w123(adam) and a 1st gen neon(eve) leaving a fueling station.

when i originally planned/sketched out the piece, it seems fuel costs were higher. it was to be an exit from eden type work, in a durer style, very sharp, very pen/ink, very medieval.

ive done all kinds of silly work this term, alot political. alot conceptual. my favorite pieces were drawings of vintage product ads aimed at housewives. i only have one to show, but this is my favorite, i laugh everytime i see it!

i know-- i make an ugly girl you dont have to tell me! the best part of the series is the pop aesthetic, they are very kitschy and to be honest, a little trashy. i can see them done on velvet, even. hmm*head spins* the drawings are made with cosmetics, so they have a very flat, very shiny surface. this is only a source image-- i dont have an os x scanner with the g5, one day ill hook up the g3 and play in 0s9 again and can get youall some of these things if you so wish!

btw: so im not off topic-- i like the last image the best too. but i think you take too many pictures of your car[:p]

Attachments

·
Registered
82 300D, ISU Formula
225 Posts
Damn... I wish the front end of my car looked that nice. I have enough troubles keeping my car rust free after the daily road salt dumps during the winter. And flying rocks seem to be attracted to my headlight doors, hood and windshield. How do you keep you car away from the elements like that?

·
Registered
78' W123, 00' W163, 05' W211, 89' RRC
152 Posts
That car is CLEAN!
Ive got a 78' 240D, the same color, and I'm gonna have to repaint it to look as good as yours. How do you keep it away from the rocks and other debris on the road, especially under your headlights. I'm gona take you up on that wierd angle shots, but since you have the nicest one of that color I've seen, I might have to use grey-scale. haha!

Ryan

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
How does he keep it so nice??? Look where he lives.. Southern Cali, no salt, hardly a rock on the road. Extended travel times ( more stop than go traffic ). So of corse it's gonna stay nice.. BTW VERRY NICE LOOKING CAR!!! Granted I'm a dredded W126 owner, on leave from a slow forum... I like the look of the W123 also.. Looking to buy one somtime soon.

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
130 Posts
Yes Southern California is the place to buy a used w123. They are very abundant and are in great shape because of the climate and the fact that most of the original owners had lots of money and could service the cars often.

Here are some more pics of my car. In one I was trying to make my car into a beetle [:0]

Oh and I forgot, the streets are paved with gold here, so that helps too! [:D]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I haven't been able to post back soon--some things came up and I had to get off the PC. Thanks for your comments. [:)]

By the way, my headlight bezels and grille are new. I ran into an accident last year and took out several worn out items. Luckily the hood was intact. So I got a new set of headlight plastic bezels, grille, hoodstar, radiator, condenser, aux fan, and some repainting needed on the body panel under the left headlight. The panel on the right is not touched. My original bezels were actually pitted with tons of rocks and even has two cracks. My right foglight once had a hole in it where water could get in. Bought a headlight off of Kamil and transferred the intact foglight to replace it.

Hey Mike, your car is so shiny! I wish my fenders were just as shiny. I need to buff them a bit more. Let's take more pics! I was kinda hoping the shots would be pure and "unadulterated" (uneditted[:D]). Also I can now see the Ivory-ness of your car. It seems my car is just like yours, kinda like a two-tone when seen at different angles or in different lighting. In the gas station (fluorescent light) my car is less yellowish. But in the sun, the yellow stands out more than the brown.

Lancer, my camera is an Olympus C5050-ZOOM 5MP and my dad got the extra fish-eye lens for it.

For some reason the computers here at school have no USB ports. I'll upload the other ones later when I get back!

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
TheRazz - 5/5/2005 2:42 AM

Granted I'm a dredded W126 owner...
Speak for yourself – 123s and 126s complement each one well. I recommend the pairing.

As for pics of my 123, I fear the miles and years have not been kind – she runs like a top and is as reliable as a new car (perhaps more reliable) but she’s as ugly as a mud wall.
[:(]

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
karugs - 5/6/2005 1:19 AM

Jdc, it doesn't matter if your car is in such a condition. Art does not take sides. [:)]
You’re right! Besides, as ugly as my car is it’s not as bad as the ugly broad opening the bottle of Del Monte catsup![:0] (Whoa![xx(])

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Hey, bro, you can’t rush art…

Ok, here’s my ugly-ass car sans paint on the hood and roof; the interior is still good but as I said, the years have not been kind. [:(]

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
haha but shes not a broad! thats the whole point!

its *moi*

well, part of me, i jus photoshopped myself into the old ad i scanned.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jdc, your car seems in better condition than I expected! For that mileage, your car seems to be in good shape. Is your son driving it already? [:)]

Here are new pics I took today. Hope you like them!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts