Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Plastic liner...door panels

1996 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jll13
Now I can't find what I want. Maybe one of you reading this will know. When the door panels are removed, there is also a sheet of clear plastic attached to the door held in place with adhesive. I think most cars have the same plastic as well..keep the water out.
I want to buy some of these plastic door liners. I saw them for sale some months ago and now I can't locate them. Feel free to tell be where I can buy some! I can buy some plastic from home depot...have to do a lot of trimming, etc...rather buy the one that will fit correctly.
Thank you for your help!
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
The plastic moisture barrier is a part number 129 727 01 87 and is the same for both doors with a whopping price of around $10.00 from your dealer.

You can also buy some heavy Visqueen or underlayment plastic from a home improvement store and use that. Of course you'll have to buy a roll of it, so in my opinion it's easier and cheaper in the long run to just buy the plastic from Mercedes.

When I remove or replace these liners I use rubber cement to adhere them to the door. It's not as messy as the factory adhesive, which may or may not be intact, and allows for easy removal in the future should you want to take the plastic off again.

  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.