Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove plastic body panel between rear wheel and bumper. I have just aquired a one owner low miles 1993 190E that has a dent in an otherwise unmarked car. If i remove the panel i think all the dent can be removed without painting.

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,730 Posts
Take a long handled flathead screwdriver with a wide tip, and carefully slide it behind the plastic trim so as not to scratch the paint, until it's in about 6 inches, then just pry it off.

You'll have to do this every 5 inches or so, around the entire piece of trim and it will pop off. Once you've got it off, the plastic clips on the inside of the trim, as well as on the car, will need to be replaced because they break when removing the trim. They can be had for about $2.50 apiece (spendy, yes). If I recall correctly, there are three on that piece of trim, and three on the car.

When you have finished putting the new clips in the trim, and the new nubs on the car, just push the whole piece of trim back on and it will snap in.

Overall, it's a pretty simple process, and the only hassle is having to replace the clips that hold it on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts