Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided I'm going to pull the WVO system off my sweet baby. I've been running straight diesel now for a few months and she's still clogging fuel filters like crazy. I don't think the previous owner was properly filtering his veggie oil and now I'm having to fix the problem. I haven't even had a chance to try using my own veggie oil as she's so [email protected]#*ed up that I'm having trouble running diesel.

I'm gonna pull all the extra stuff off and give the system a good cleaning before I think about doing it again. If I ever go back to it I'll probably run 50% veggie/ 50% biodiesel.

I should also mention that the 55amp alternator couldn't keep up with the extra inline heater and fuel pump and I kept having to charge the battery. Was going to upgrade to a 120amp alternator but don't think I'll need it if I get rid of the heater.

Ordered a couple cans of Lubro Moly in the hopes that this will help clean her up a little.

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,654 Posts
WVO shouldn't be clogging the fuel filters unless there's sludge clogging the lines. Is there sludge in the clear filter or just rust and particulates?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts